A metronome and rhythm trainer designed for the drummer and percussionist.
Develop your sense of rhythm with interactive training modes.
Rhythm practice using a metronome is indispensable for any musician, especially for the drummer and percussionist. In the past, rhythm practice has been excruciatingly dull and boring, consisting simply of striking a practice pad in time with a metronome. Furthermore, since you have only a subjective judgement as to whether or not your rhythm is correct, many players find it difficult to keep themselves motivated to practice.
That's where the BEATLAB mini comes in; it's a training tool that lets you practice rhythm more accurately and enjoyably. In addition to a versatile metronome function that includes a wide range of sounds, including human voice and real drum pattern sounds, this unit provides a training function that detects and evaluates the discrepancy between the metronome and the notes that you play. This means that you can develop a perfect sense of rhythm by using by treating rhythm training as if you were playing a game.
- Metronome function with a generous selection of patterns
- Training function that check and improve your sense of rhythm
- Sound out function is convenient for tuning your drums
- Time/Stopwatch function can be used in a variety of ways
- High-volume built-in speaker and headphone output
- Large backlight LCD display
- Two-way clip that holds with a variety of use-cases
- Includes a contact microphone for trigger detection
- Lineup includes a limited set with that includes a practice pad
Tempo Range: 30 - 300 beats per minute (bpm)
Tempo Setting: Pendulum Step, Full Step, Tap Tempo
Beat: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 (3+2), 5 (2+3), 6, 7, 7 (4+3), 7 (3+4), 8, 9
Rhythm: Quarter, Eighth, Triplets, Triplets with inner beat omitted, Triplets with the third beat omitted, Quadruplets, Quadruplets with middle beats omitted, Quadruplets with the third and fourth beats omitted
Voice: Mechanical metronome, Electronic metronome, Male-voice metronome, Female-voice metronome
Pattern: Snare x 23, Ride Cymbal x 1, Son Clave x 2, Rumba Clave x 2, Bossa Nova Clave x 2
Tempo Accuracy: +/- 0.2 %
Mode: Female-voice mode, Male-voice mode, Sound mode
Grade: 1 - 6
Trigger Sensitivity: 1 - 30
Sound Out Mode
Reference Pitch: 12 tone equal temperament C4 - B4 (C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A#, B)
Calibration Range: 438 - 445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
Reference Pitch Precision: +/- 1 cent or better
Timer and Stopwatch
Time Range: 1 - 99 minutes
Stopwatch Setting Range: 0.1 second - 99 minutes 59.9 seconds
Connectors: TRIGGER jack (1/4” monaural phone jack), PHONES jack (1/8” stereo mini phone jack)
Speaker: Dynamic Speaker (23 mm, MAX. 0.5W)
Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries)
Battery Life: Approximately 30 hours (tempo 120, beat 4, rhythm Quarter, voice 1, when using alkaline batteries)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 82 x 82 x 27 mm / 3.23” x 3.23” x 1.06”
Weight: 97 g / 3.42 oz. (including batteries)
Included Items: Contact Microphone, Two AAA batteries for verifying proper operation
Training Pad (Limited pack “BEATLAB mini + Pad” only)
* All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.